Free Career Counseling with The Gold Card
Use Gold Card services at One-Stop Career Centers throughout Los Angeles
The Gold Card provides unemployed post-9/11 era veterans with the career guidance they need to succeed in today's job market. An eligible veteran can present the Gold Card at the local One-Stop Career Center to receive intensive services, including:
- Job readiness assessment, including interviews and testing
- Development of an Individual Development Plan (IDP)
- Group or individual career counseling
- Referral to job banks, employers and apprenticeships
- Referral to career training; and,
- Monthly follow-up by a case manager for up to six months
The Gold Card initiative is a joint effort of the Department of Labor's Employment and Training Administration (ETA) and the Veterans' Employment and Training Service (VETS).
1. Print out the Gold Card
Visit www.dol.gov/vets/goldcard.html and click the link.
2. Find a One-Stop Career Center
Simply visit www.ServiceLocator.org and type in your zip code.
3. Present the Gold Card
Put your career in gear.